Token sử dụng tại Nui Dat base camp

Chủ đề thuộc danh mục 'BST Military token' được đăng bởi youngboss1vn, 21/1/10.

1. youngboss1vn

youngboss1vn Admin Staff Member

(Topic này được mở ra để các bạn mới bước vào lĩnh vực sưu tầm tham khảo, vì vậy những loại Token mang tên địa danh hiếm ... hoặc đang trong quá trình tìm hiểu thêm thông tin, tư liệu sẽ không có trong đây)

Ảnh chụp toàn cảnh căn cứ NuiDat Basecamp từ trên máy bay quân sự

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Proximity of Nui Dat to Long Tan
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 29/7/10
  2. youngboss1vn

NUI DAT CAMP (BA RAI)

161st BATTALION ROYAL NEWZELAND ARTILLERY ANALLIED UNIT - 5 CENT
    Military token dùng cho đơn vị Tân Tây Lan -- Tiểu Đoàn 161 Pháo Binh Cơ Động Tân Tây Lan-(161st Artilary Battalion/New Zealand)-Đóng Tại Núi ĐẤt -Bà Rịa.
    Token ghi trong Cunningham 's catalog Vn#3420.Loại này chỉ có một loại đôc nhất.
    Token ghi chũ KIWI là loài chim tiễu biểu cho xứ New Zealand.

chất liệu đồng thau ( brass)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: 31/7/10
  3. youngboss1vn

AUSTRALIAN ARTILLERY 5 CENT TOKEN

Token description: AUSTRALIAN / 5 c / ARTILLERY (same reverse) Brass-round-21millimeters diameter.
    that the 1st Australian Task Force Artillery was an allied unit and that the place the tokens were used was Nui Dat Camp (Ba Rai, Vietnam) which was also the same camp and location used by the Royal New Zealand Artillery who issued a Kiwi token which came in both 21 mm size and 24 mm size. No date is given on either.

Former U.S. Army Master Sergeant Ray Bows, who is an expert on Military tokens - particularly those from the Vietnam era - was the originator of the some of the information that was compiled and utilised by Mr. Cunningham in his 1998 publication. In due course, I hope I may also be able to bring to our readers some of Ray's own experiences as well as details of those other military tokens that formed such an integral part of servicemen's lives at that time.
    The following note was received from Ray Bows and provided additional insight into the use of the Australian Artillery token
    "Dear Graeme, There were two allied military token types listed in my 1988 catalogue on the Vietnam War. The Australian Artillery piece was listed as 950AUAL-5, and as described and pictured per your recent message. In my original catalogue of 1983, the piece was listed as number 2519AF-5. This piece was issued by the first Australian Task Force Artillery, Ba Ria, Phuoc Tuy Province Battery, Nui Dat Base Camp, Phuoc Tuy Province.
    The mission of the Australian Artillery was to protect Highway 15 (Line of communications) in the eastern portion of the Rung Sat Special Zone. The Rung Sat was known as the "Forest of Assasins" was characterised by General William Westmoreland as "one of the most savage pieces of terrain in the world." The Australians occupied this Viet Cong infested area under the control of the US Army's II Field Force. The token listed was used at the Peter Badcoe Club of the Australian Logistic Support Group at Vung Tau, in addition to being used at Nui Dat. These tokens found their way into other clubs throughout Vietnam but were periodically culled out of circulation during monthly accounting. Each different club's tokens were only authorised for use in that specific club in an effort to protect Military Payment Certificates, which protected the US dollar and which kept dollars from falling into the hands of the Communists with which they could buy weapons and ammunition on the world market. The Artillery Battery served from Septemeber 1965 to December 1971. It has been my experience that by 1968, when I arrived in Vietnam, that many of these tokens were no longer in use and therefore they coincided almost exactly with the battle that you mention....."

chất liệu đồng thau ( brass)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

ĐANG UP HÌNH TOKEN...

Last edited: 31/7/10

Ủng hộ diễn đàn